IS LEASING A CAR RIGHT FOR YOUR?
Some People are adamant that leasing is best (for them), while others are dead-set against it; here are some thoughts and you decide for your self.
This question is more difficult to answer than yes or no. It really depends on your lifestyle, financial situation and your preferences.
Certain lifestyles may work better with leasing than others. For instance, if you entertain business clients, leasing allows you to drive an up-scale model for less (and there may be a tax write-off for certain professions). Other people just like to drive a brand-new car every two or three years. So ultimately, leasing isn't only a dollars-and-cents question — it's about personal tastes or priorities.
However, for some people, everything is a dollars-and-cents issue. For those people, a long term investment can payoff.
Thoughts on Leasing a Car
The lists below summarize the pros and cons of leasing vs. buying.
Advantages of Car Leasing
- Lower monthly payments
- Lower down payment
- Short term obligation
- Most current Safety and Technology Features
- Better Fuel Economy than your older model vehicle
- You can drive a better equipped car for less money each month.
- Lower repair costs (With a three-year lease, the factory warranty covers most repairs.)
- You can more easily drive a new car every two or three years.
- No trade-in hassles at the end of the lease
- You pay sales tax only on the portion of the car you finance.
Advantages of Car Buying
- Pride of ownership — you can modify your car as you please.
- No penalty for driving excess mileage
- Increased flexibility — you can payoff your vehicle at any time
- Your free to sell the car whenever you choose.
- Higher down payment is generally required.
- Higher monthly payments
- You're responsible for your maintenance costs.
- Trade-in or selling hassles when you're ready to change vehicles
- More of your ready cash is tied up in a car, which depreciates, rather than an investment that appreciates.
Leasing makes it easier to get more car for less money. You are essentially paying for the portion of the car you use, instead of buying the entire vehicle.The cheapest time to use a car is when it's new(er) and under factory warranty. Tires, Brakes, Belts and Hoses are all new and the vehicle requires less maintenence.
Now consider the person who buys a car. At the end of five years of car payments, the car now belongs to you.
If you still aren’t sure which option is best for you, stop by today, one of our sales members will be happy to sit with you and weigh the options. We want to ensure you drive home the perfect vehicle, for the best price, to fit your lifestyle. Stop by today!