Introducing the all-new 2019 Mazda3! The world got its first look at the new model at the 2018 Los Angeles Auto Show in November. Since then, the automaker has revealed a few more details about the sporty 2019 Mazda3, including some official specs prior to the model’s 2019 release date. Like in previous years, the 2019 Mazda3 will be available in both sedan and hatchback models.
While the sedan model is sleek and sophisticated thanks to Mazda’s KODO design language, the 2019 Mazda3 hatchback kicks things up a notch with even more dynamic styling. Put the hatchback and sedan models side-by-side and you will notice striking visual differences between the two that make each unique.
2019 Mazda3 hatchback dimensions
Seating Capacity 5 Individuals
Length x Width x Height Hatchback: 175.6” x 70.8” x 56.7”
Front suspension MacPherson strut
Transmission Options 6-speed automatic or a 6-speed manual transmission
Engine Options SKYACTIV-G 1.5, SKYACTIV-G 2.0, SKYACTIV-G 2.5, SKYACTIV-D 1.8, SKYACTIV-X
Steering type Rack-and-pinion
Brake (front/rear) Vented discs/solid discs
Rear suspension Torsion Beam
What is new on the 2019 Mazda3?
There are a variety of exciting updates to look forward to on the 2019 Mazda3. The Mazda3 has changed significantly over the years since it first hit the U.S. market in 2014 and the 2019 model is no different. In fact, both the sedan and hatchback models receive a variety of technologies that are new to the Mazda brand, including a new engine, all-wheel drive and a new M hybrid system coming later in 2019.
- Front seat cushion tilt adjustment
- A new SKYACTIV-X engine
- Mazda KODO-Soul of Motion interior and exterior design
- New lamp design
- Polymetal Gray exterior color option
- Greige interior fabric option
- Burgundy interior color option with red leather
- New shift panel with two-layer molding
- Updated cabin with adjusted telescopic steering, a new floor console layout and a gear shift lever placement change
- A new M Hybrid system, expected to debut in 2019
- Mazda’s new Driver Monitoring system and Cruising & Traffic Support system
- First Mazda with AWD availability
- A torsion beam instead of a multi-link rear suspension
- And much more
Are you interested in learning more about the new 2019 Mazda3? We invite you to contact our team here at Maple Shade Mazda to be added to our mailing list so you can receive all the latest updates on this new model. Or, be sure to check back regularly for all the newest information. Stay tuned!