Odds are, you have a smartphone. Almost everyone does, and that’s why modern automakers work hard to incorporate the technologies you need to connect your phone to your vehicle. The most common ways you can connect your phone to your car are Android Auto™, Apple CarPlay® and Bluetooth®. Continue reading to find out how to connect your phone to your 2021 Mazda CX-5.
How to Use Bluetooth® in your 2021 Mazda CX-5
To start using Bluetooth®, you need to pair your Bluetooth®-equipped phone to your car. This is a first-time setup that makes the phone and vehicle recognize each other so connecting is easier in the future. Follow these steps to pair your phone to your car.
- Turn Bluetooth® on in your phone’s options. You will also need to turn your CX-5 on and remain parked during setup.
- Select the gear-shaped settings icon and touch the “devices” tab.
- Select Bluetooth® and turn it on.
- Select “Add New Device”
- On your phone, search for Bluetooth® devices and select “Mazda.”
- Ensure the pairing code matches on both your phone and the car screen, then select “yes.”
- Your phone’s audio will play through your vehicle’s speaker system until Bluetooth® is deactivated or the vehicle is turned off. You can also use some voice control functions.
How to Use Android Auto™ in your 2021 Mazda CX-5
If you have an Android phone running Android 6.0 or newer, your phone is compatible with Android Auto™. The process for connecting your phone involves little more than plugging your phone into your 2021 Mazda CX-5 with the proper USB cable. Make sure your phone and car are both on, then plug the USB cable into the vehicle’s front USB port and the other end into your phone. Stay parked throughout setup and respond to the on-screen prompts. You may need to respond to prompts on both the vehicle’s touchscreen and your phone itself, including downloading the Android Auto™ app.
How to Use Apple CarPlay® in your 2021 Mazda CX-5
Connecting your iPhone to your Mazda CX-5 is similar to the process described above. Connect your phone to your vehicle with the correct charging cable and respond to the messages that appear on either screen. Setup shouldn’t take more than a minute or two, and you should be good to go!