2018 Mazda CX-5 Safety Systems and Features
Safety is an important concern for just about every car shopper. The 2018 Mazda CX-5 safety systems and features are designed to help the crossover keep everyone safe while on the roads. The CX-5 offers a litany of driver assistance features designed to aid owners.
What is included in the Mazda i-ACTIVSENSE suite of features?
The 2018 version of the Mazda CX-5 will offer the i-ACTIVSENSE suite of driver assistance systems. This suite includes a variety of technology systems. These include:
- High Beam Control.
- Lane Departure Warning.
- Lane-Keeping Assist.
- Mazda Radar Cruise Control with Stop and Go function.
- Smart Brake Support.
- Adaptive Front-lighting System.
- Distance Recognition Support System and Forward Obstruction Warning.
- Hill Launch Assist.
Every Mazda CX-5 model will also come equipped with Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Traffic Alert.
2018 Mazda CX-5 Technology Features
In addition to these features, the CX-5 offers multiple additional technology systems. Technology features offered on the CX-5 include:
- MAZDA CONNECT infotainment system.
- Bluetooth audio streaming and phone pairing.
- Active Driving Display head up unit with Traffic Sign Recognition.
- SiriusXM satellite radio.
- USB and Auxiliary connectivity.
- Mazda Advanced Keyless Entry.
- Heated seats.
- BOSE 10-speaker audio system.
Powering the 2018 Mazda CX-5 will be the standard 2.5-liter SKYACTIV-G engine. This engine produces 187 horsepower and 186 pound-feet of torque. Fuel economy ratings are estimated at up 25 miles per gallon in the city and 31 miles per gallon on the highways for 28 miles per gallon combined.